Re: [MV] [MVlist] S1438 has passed Section 1062 included!

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 12:51:08 PDT

At 2:45 PM -0400 10/4/01, Ron wrote:

>But as far as I can tell in regards to this Senate version.........We're
>TOAST!!!
> Unless the House Of Representatives digs in and holds it's ground and
>refuses to pass ANY version of the Demil section......
> I hereby recommend we remove all tires and wheels from our vehicles and
>stash them at a friends house. If nothing else, we can sue for damages to
>our grass and driveways, and let the towing lobby make them earn their
>money.

Filing suit from the start of the signing of the bill into law is the
best first step if it gets through the House. We'd have to have a
number of lawyers get together with the NRA to go at it as soon as it
hits the President's desk. GOA and SAF would also be a good addition
to the suit. Does the MVPA have plans for a lawsuit or do they even
file such?

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -