WHERE IS THE MVPA?

From: Jason Rose (m151a2@uswest.net)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 14:44:18 PDT

Ryan,

I find it strange that people talk about how the MVPA monitors this list.
Understandably, the MVPA receives a lot of information from members of the
list.

I do not recall the MVPA responding to chides or remarks as long as I've
been on the list. I do remember having members recite conversations with
MVPA Board Members about how "we should let the MVPA do the job" but not
worry about HOW they do the job. IS the MVPA doing anything? According to
our local club president, the antique warbirds were successful in getting
the warbirds out of the current amendment, and the Director of Civilian
Marksmanship has said our DCM guns are protected. It sounds as if our WWII
jeeps, boots, canteens, m151's, halftracks, etc. are all on the board. SME
is basically everything. If this is signed into law, this will create an
enormous number of overnight lawbreakers.

I'm nervous now, because for the first time I've written to a Senator in my
area, I've not had a response. Anything from fuel taxes and subsidies to
abortions and gun rights has gotten me a response from my senator (sometimes
not in my liking). I've heard nothing here, however.

Perhaps I can find a title showing my mutt as a Dodge Dart or something.
Yeah, buddy, I drove one of those "Darts" in Vietnam. Oh, Gosh

Jason