Color of registration numbers

From: OKMTRPOOL@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 08:34:19 PDT

This query concerns the color of the vehicle registration numbers in 1941 and
the first quarter of 1942. YES, I do know what the regulations say. Prior to
April, 1942 the registration numbers were to be in white, and changed to blue
drab in April. The regulation specifies that the numbers were to be applied
by the factory. My question is: did the factory begin applying blue drab
numbers immediately, was there a delay in implementation, or had they
actually been applying the numbers in blue before the date of the change to
the regulation? Has anyone recovered original registration numbers from a
pre-April '42 vehicle (of any type)? Were they in white or blue drab?