Re: [MV] CUCV wheels....

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 10:32:28 PDT

Hi Ted...

> Were the wheels you got at the junkyard 6 1/2" or 8" wide. The width of
>the rim is the only thing that I know of that is a little different on the
>CUCV rims. The Blazer used the 8" width. Some civilian trucks did, too.

I'm sure they were 8" (I'm just spanning my hand to estimate). I'm
sure they weren't 6.5". Mine uses the 8-bolt 16" wheels.

I was disturbed that the civilian wheels included the bumps for hub
caps, but indeed the CUCVs had those bumps on their wheels too. Same
wheels.

Good luck.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net