Re: [MV] No! Not the Mason-Dixon line too!

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:37:51 PDT

Ron wrote:
>Bigotry will always live in the human being in some >form. Religion, ancestors country of origin, ethnically >distinctive name, features or color or even the >MASON-DIXON LINE.....

Now Ron,
I agree with all you said, except the above. That's just going a little too far, don't ya think? The Mason Dixon line isn't bigotry...it's American tradition! Why, without the Mason-Dixon line, how will we ever keep the War against Secession going? Some things are just too sacred to touch! When traveling, how would one know when to stop listening to doo-wop on the radio and begin spittin baccy? It would mean a certain end to those stodgey bathrooms in Stuckey's, no more Shoney's biscuits and smoked pork chops for breakfast, or waking up to those great Barth Bakery Bible commercials. Where would the cane pole laws begin and end? And most importantly, it would end those weekend jaunts down south to buy another bottle of Suwanee River Country Syrup. I swear....wait til they hear about this conspiracy at Jake & Edna's Organ Emporium! (down on old county road 6 near the Red Dot truck stop. Plenty of free parking! Free jack knife with every sale!)

CJ :)