Re: [MV] M35A2 Electrical Problem?

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 11:44:11 PDT

Hey all,
Friend has a M35A2, Opon the 1st start of the day, once running. The amp
gauge will peg to the over charge part of the gauge, then after 10 min or
so, will slide down into the green. On the 1st quick ride, I watched it.
Twice it would jump up into the red, but would slowly creep back down to the
green. So I figured that its not a ground problem, due to the slow return
of the needle. After the days travel, me following in my Dodge and gettin
pissed the whole way about how his smokes less than mine. He said that it
stayed perfect the whole time.
    Now here are to variables to add.
   1.) He is running it on 2 civilian batteries (not 6TL's)
   2.) The alternator looks like one out of a cucv pickup, not like the one
in my 5 tons or the deuce.
                   I can get a part number if you think thats the case.
Jeff Houghton
Owner of a very dirty air M35A2