Re: [MV] M37 axles

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 15:44:49 PDT

In <list-1323703@skylee.com>, on 10/06/01
   at 06:44 PM, "Lisa Bunch" <jeepcj8@home.com> said:

>2WD. I've heard that this happens if you get lockout hubs on the front.
>More stress is put on the rear axles because the front is idle and not
>helping to pull.

But lockouts would actually offer a bit LESS drag during 2WD, than if you
had to spin the whole ft train.

Magnafluxing and polishing the two long axles would go a long way toward
eliminating this problem. Cost, anyone??

>Save the axle end to use as a cap for
>next time. I hear driving on front wheel drive isn't all that bad.

Can this be done without a modification? I would like to try this. And if
an axle should snap while you are operating in FWD, just 'lockout' and run
RWD. Get home for dinner.

>Lisa

Bill

--