Re: [MV] why don't engine blocks crack too?

From: J. Forster (jfor@onemain.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 16:46:55 PDT

Cavitation is when the pressure in a fluid bubble goes down and a bubble
spontaneously forms and then collapses. It is typically found in pumps,
ultrasonic cleaners, and near propellers in water. The conditions in the
cavitation region are extreme and can erode nearby materials. In fact, there was
a Scientific American article about these bubbles emitting light.

Electrolytic action is electro-chemical material removal or deposition (like
plating). An electrolytic cell can be formed by dissimilar metals.

-John