Re: [MV] Desert Storm Deuce

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 08:55:16 PDT

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 08:30:39PM -0500, specwar wrote:
> I am completing all the little nickel and dime stuff on my deuce and
> decided to finish it as a Deuce used in the gulf war(it actually was
> there) I was wondering if someone had a picture of what the inverted "V"
> on the doors (and wherever else it was) so that I could put them in the
> correct place on mine.

It usually was just a large (varying size) black inverted V. Usually
made with a field expeident stencil. It usually was put on in country.

Remember that most vehicles in the gulf were hastily painted. one
"paint shop" at Camp Pendleton painted vehicles with a spray gun and
no masking of anything. The M.O. was just get close and scrape off
any overspray. Canvas (vinyl) was routinely painted.

I saw vehicles in country painted that way, including brand new Toyota
Landcruisers and Jeep Cherokees. There were also many vehicles that
were still in 3 color camo, too.

Don't forget the dayglo orange ID panel somewhere on top of the vehicle,
usually the hood. It was usually held on with green duct tape (100 MPH
tape).

--
Eric Kozowski
Joseph, OR