What I did this Saturday.

From: Witold Grzymala-Busse (witek@argus.rs-systems.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 19:37:14 PDT

This Friday around 11:00 AM I "decided" that I wanted to go and get a
deuce engine from Gene Pantano (my deuces engine seized about a month
ago), after several e-mails and calls, all the arrangements were set. I
initially wanted to get a U-haul truck to go out and get the engine but
their rates are way too high $39/day and $0.40/mile. So I rented a truck
from Enterprise-rent-a-car. It took me 8 hours to reach Colorado Springs,
I live in Lawrence, KS. On Saturday I went to his place. It is HMV
heaven! I and Gene intially chatted about this and that. He is a guy you
can really talk to. Finally around 10:00 am we went to his "back yard".
First he showed me his deuce, it looks brand new, I did not know that a
deuce could look so good. Next, we went and inspected the engine that I
was getting (it was still inside of a deuce), the engine is an LDT and was
cast in '88! Form the looks of it, is was never really used. And at $700
it was a steal. It took us about 2-3 hours to take the engine out of the
deuce. The actual removal was accomplished with Gene's wrecker. The
military wrecker is great. It has plenty of power and can lift the front
of a deuce with no effort! We finally finished removing the engine, put
it on the pick up truck and I started to buy more stuff, why? because
Gene's prices can't be beat. I got a complete M-35 tranny for $100, front
M-35 windows for $40 both, HEAVY DUTY military towing chain for $50, m-35
batteries for $60 each, plus one free battery. On top of this I got many
other deuce goodies for free! ex. the complete exhaust system did not
cost me a penny! Gene's prices are the best I have yet seen. If any of
you want to get a good price on a deuce, HMMV or jeep part call or e-mail
him first. Gene, keep up the good work!

A satisfied customer
Witold G-B

P.S. One of his friends came around to show of his MUTT, it looked like it
came from the factory yesturday, btw he is selling it for a tad under 11K.

P.P.S He told me that one of the guys on this list knows how to increase
the HP rating on a deuce engine by sticking a dime somewhere in the
injector pump, could I have that info?