Re: [MV] NEW M151 Kettenkrad kit diversion

From: A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 23:18:35 PDT

David Richoux schrieb:

> Richard Lathrop wrote:
> >
> > A friend and I were kicking around a Kettenkrad kit awhile back.
> >Of course the biggest issues would be the tracks and unique bits
> >of the Kettenkrad. It is all in how original do you want it to be.
>
> a friend of mine is starting to make molded-in-place replacement
> tread rubber for Jac Littlefield's Kettenkrads (and you might know
> how particular HE is ;-) -
> I have seen the metal links and IMO they would not be very hard
> for a competent machinist to make very good copies on a CNC mill
> or they could even be sand cast. (it just depends on how much you
> want to spend...)
>
> Dave Richoux M151-A1 Los Altos Ca

Did I miss something?

New rubber pads for the Kettenkrad track links are available here
in Germany without any problem. You have to bring the metal
bases and you'll get them back with new rubber.

To build ne trak links is very expensive and nobody does it, because
there are enough old original track links for sale. The original ones
were welded together from 3 cast parts.

Remember that the tracks and track links are very important for the
safety of the vehicle, if you really drive it at speed on the road.
Think what happens, if the vehicle throws a track at 45 mph...

Best regards from Germany
Andreas

http://www.kettenkrad.de