Re: [MV] Active Duty 'Conscientious Objectors'

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 15:15:22 PDT

Make them watch "Henry V", "Das Boot", "All Quiet on the Western Front",
"Full Metal Jacket", "Band of Brothers" and "Private Ryan" before they sign
up. Maybe they will catch on to what it's all about.

I was working one day as a telephone repairman on the floor, and behind the
desk of, a USMC recruiting office in Harlem. The spit and polish Gunney Sgt
was explaining to a couple of young punks that if they signed up then and
there, they would each get their own Jeep to bring home to impress the girls.
 I nearly shat myself trying to hold in the laughter. When they had gone,
and I had a chance to ask the recruiter what the deal was, he said, "Today's
my last day in this hell hole, and I want to go out with my quota filled. By
the time that they figure out the BS, I'll be on the other side of the world."