Power for VRC radios in HMMWV??

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 01:38:47 PDT

I have a HMMWV that I am trying to add a VRC-12 series radio set to. Does
anyone know where the power is obtained for the set? I could hook up to the
batteries directly but I think there should be some sort of buss bar (or
something) to connect the power cable to that goes to the MT-1029. I also
have a CUCV Blazer and that truck has a buss bar on the firewall with two
battery cables running back to a similar buss bar in the truck right under
the radio shelf that the power is obtained from. Is there something similar
for the HMMWV?

Thanks,
Ned Parkes