M211 Transmission questions

From: don burris (dburrissprint@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 14:54:39 PDT

First, thank you Joe Young for advice and direction to Memphis Equipment.
They have the right parts, the right people and the right prices. Now my
M211 transmission question: Drained all water and muck, resealed tranny
cooler, reassembled and filled transmission with 30 weight oil per tech
manual. Shift pattern is now 1st, 2nd neutral. (no third or fourth gear)
Book says this is symptomatic of bad pick up tube. Could it be anything
else? Also, is 30 weight oil correct? I do not see a rebuild tag on the
transmission so I am wondering if I should stay with original fluid or go to
GM transmission fluid? Thanks in advance.

Another question: Anyone know the Napa part number for U-Joints on M211
trucks? Thanks again.