Re: [MV] military standard engine question

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 07:02:37 PDT

That would be all well and good, but since it's air-cooled I don't think
that's the problem. Sorry I should have told y'all more about the engine.
It's a 4-cyl 42 cui horizontally opposed air-cooled military standard engine
used on pump, welders, gensets, etc... I checked my manual yesterday and it
said a base setting for the needle valve is 3/4 of a turn open. I checked
mine last night and it was 3 and a 1/2 turns open. That sounds like a
source of gas to me. What do y'all think?

Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN
webmaster, http://www.steelsoldiers.com
1984 M1009 CUCV