M-37 Electrical Theory 101

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 09:11:57 PDT

Esteemed Listers (with apologies for multiple posts across the three MV lists):

I'm looking at a bit of rewiring on my M-37B1. I am familiar with the standard
circuit doctrine where the wire runs from the positive battery post, to the
light bulb, illuminates the element, runs out of the other side of the light
bulb, to the negative terminal of the battery.

Of course, because this is my truck, I see that the lead from the negative
battery is bolted to the frame, which makes me wonder if all I must do is run a
wire from the battery (or alternator (note, this isn't stick to the M-37, but it
is a standard automotive set up for the Chrystler V-8)) to the componant, and
then from the componant to the frame?

A little help from an all knowing guru would be great!

Thanks,

Bill B.