[MV] M813A1 w/w for sale

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 06:46:19 PDT

List,
I just sold my M275A2, M313 and M35A2. I still have an M813A1 for sale. It is very nice. I recently purchased a 10 ton M125 cargo. Once that arrives, the M813A1 moves out of the garage. I would prefer to move it before that time. Here are the vitals:

This truck is immaculate. It is really tight. I have never seen a nicer 5 ton cargo.
*NHC250 Cummins engine (clean).
*approximately 12,000 miles (speedometer was replaced by military) and 440 hours.
*no rust or dents (not even rust repairs).
*10 new (not surplus) matching Fidelity tires, with 80% spare.
*new tan vinyl cab top.
*cab heater.
*correct fiberglass dropside troop seats.
*newly recovered seats (fresh New Life Resources canvas).
*fresh tan 686A CARC paint, which was applied after the truck was completely sandblasted and primed.
*correct stenciling.
*new windshields.
*new (not surplus) metal windshield wiper motors.
*new air pack.
*all pioneer rack tools.
*NOS 5 gallon fuel can.
*oil and filters changed; fuel filter changed; air filter replaced; all lubes replaced.
*all wheel seals have been replaced.
*located in Maryland.
*$14,900...make me a reasonable offer.

Just so you know, I came down from $16,000. This truck is worth every penny of that, but I want to move the truck. When I work on my trucks, everything is done correctly...no cutting corners. There is no comparison between this truck and some you may see for $10-13K. This truck runs very well. I have driven it to and from NC from MD three times (4-1/2 hours each way). I also had it at Aberdeen this past year, in case you saw a tan M813A1 there.

I AM NOT A DEALER, just a private collector. I AM NOT MAKING A DIME ON THIS TRUCK. In fact, I am losing money. I am serious; I have well over $16,000 in the truck. I don't fix my trucks up with the idea of making money. I try to save money by shopping around, but everything is done correctly. It takes money and work to get them there. If you are seriously interested in the truck, I will break down my monetary investment in the truck so you can see what you are buying. Trust me, for you to buy a lesser truck to get it to this point, you will have more than the cost of my truck in your truck. I have done this before. It is cheaper to buy the truck done than to do it yourself.

Thanks,
Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1968 M172A1
1972 M35A2 w/w
1979 M813A1 w/w
1984 M929
1986 M1009
(I'm looking for an M818 if you have a reasonably priced truck in good shape)