Re: [MV] USMC markings

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:48:23 PDT

> Let me know what you find out. My A2 is ex-USMC and although I haven't
> seen anything stamped on it, I have a very faded blue circle sencil on
> the fuel tank. I would love to eventual restore it instead of painting
> over it, but don't have a clue what it is. Oh, and what is the best
> paint to use for a USMC MULE?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

It has been covered before on the list, should be in the archives somewhere.
I've had a few USMC mules that had diamonds and numbers on the fuel tank.
I've never used "correct" paint. I've just used what ever I could find, that
was OD. I did paint one with tan Imron one time. Looked good and still does
, after 5 yrs. If I every start showing, I'll have to get "correct".
John Rozell has the skinny on the USMC numbering system, are you out there
John??????

Later,
Keith