Re: [MV] Iron and rust-formerly why don't engine blocks crack too?

From: Mark Baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 20:41:03 PDT

 Hey Dave. I can tell you first hand why those dodges rusted in early 70s.
On working on my 76 Dodge M-886 ambulance I was wondering how did my dash
board rust out!! Well I Looked behind it and saw that there was no paint.
Period, same with the roof of the truck and everywhere else I looked., No
paint. Dodge at that time was not dipping their vehicles in paint, just bare
metal on the insides of them. needless to say, as I have been going on my
restoration, I have been painting all bear metal I can find. Mark M-886