Sticking Brake Thread another source

From: Surplusyes@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 06:06:30 PDT

       My SuperDUKW uses the same master cylinder as the M135/M211, shortly
after the 10-12 May Rally, my brakes started sticking. Went from a few
seconds to an hour in the psace of a week! I had just installed new/rebuilt
lines, cylinders, master cylinder, and hydrovac unit several months before,
so was very disappointed and puzzled. I first did all the
adjustments/checking pressures by the manual, but the problem kept getting
worse. Luckily I decided to start with the cheapest and easiest assembly
for me to remove and inspect whcih was the master cylinder. What luck and
surprise! the rubber piston cup had started to deteriorate and was leaving
a tarlike goo on the cylinder walls. Pressure was sufficient to apply the
brakes but spring return was too weak to push the cup back. Hence sticking
brakes Replaced with another spare unit and rebuilt the bad one for a spare.

Hope this helps, I am sticking with American made products for all rebuild
items, if no label, I'm not buying them.

Regards
Tom