Re: [MV] 49th APCR

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 11:02:50 PDT

Jim, first of all, thanks for the great history bit. Your CDL info
certainly matches with what little I have.

Regards the badges, a veteran of the 49th APCR emailed me the other day
with a bad scan of "his badge". The scan was of a FEAR NAUGHT badge,
blurred and cut off on one side, but with Queens' crown. I can accept
that he might have bought a replacement for his original in his latter
years, perhaps not recognizing the difference in crown (don't forget,
he's 80 now)... but to have mistook the shape?

I DO know that the vets of the 49th are as few and far-between as our
own Kangaroo guys, and they're trying to pull together some sort of
record for the Regiment before they go. I can only go by what he, and
they, and people like you, can provide me. ANY info gratfully accepted.

Cheers,

Geoff