Re: [MV] M101 trailer

From: Jim Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 18:04:16 PDT

My 2 cents.

On most of the 3/4 ton trailers that I have seen, the towing ring or lunette is angled down.
If you were to remove the cotter pin and back off the nut, that holds the towing ring,
about half way, and give the end a good rap with a hammer, you would drive the ring forward.
You can now turn the towing ring so that it is angled up. Drive the ring back with your hammer.
 Tighten the nut back up and reinsert the cotter pin. You should find that your 3/4 ton trailer
will tow a bit more level behind your 2 1/2 / 5 ton.
.
Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca