MB Questions (was Re: [MV] Lament)

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 06:37:41 PST

>I've been addicted to this list for a long time. I realize that the
>focus of the list changes from time to time. But it seems to me that
>for a LONG time now some where near 8 out of 10 listings pertain to
>M35s. No complaint at all, but where are the MB/GPW, M151, M38, WC's,
>M37, and other MV's lurking now? Why are we so lopsided?
>
>Nothing against M35's....I just want to know where everybody else is!
>
>Enquiring minds want to know

I have an M35 but also 2 MB's, M715, M422-A1 and a M274-A5 (mule). When it
comes to M422 and mule stuff seems like I already know who the experts are
and who to talk to (some say I am on that list for mules?). M35's are cheap
and plentiful right now and seems like alot of new MV'ers are starting out
with those, that's great, maybe they will get infected and get into other
things as well. When it comes to asking this list about MB questions, which
I have many, I seem to never, or seldom, get a response. I know there is a
list of some sorts just for MB/GPW's, maybe I should try that, but then
there are only so many hours in the day.

So here goes with some MB questions.

I have two late MB's. One has a two piece skid plate and the parking brake
cable lays on the cross member and attaches to the brake mechanism, the
other has a one piece skid plate and the cable goes thru the cross member
and attaches to it also. When did this change occur? which is the later option?

Does anyone sell a battery tray replacement (repro I assume)?

There are four holes on the drivers side of the hood, what were they for?

Both of my wheel well top panels and tool box doors had been walked on as
they sag down in the middle. Sheetmetal, as in car body, work is not
something I have ever had an interest in or any desire to, but... I
understand there are techniques to shrink sheet metal that could bring those
sags back flat again. Can this process be described by someone knowledgable?

Is the key or lever type ignition switch correct for a late MB (45)?

That should do it for now.

je