M35-A3 Heater (was [MV] M35A2 Brake failure / Our first Airshow.)

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 17:36:10 PST

>How was the heater different than the normal setup?

They mount it under the dash on the passenger side with the motor housing
pointing straight down. The air inlet is placed near the side vent screen,
perhaps 1/4" to 3/8" away. I guess this would allow you to use the vent as
you fresh/recirculate function. The diverter box is a mirror image of the
stock one (sort of), the outlets are all the same but the inlet comes from
the right side not the left.. Someone on the list had some from another
application which I got already, although you could rework the original
also. After that all the other hoses are the same. They made up some simple
brackets to mount the heater box made from flat stock, all with simple
bends, nothing complex.

Just seems like it would make life alot easier for working on the engine to
not have that heater box right there in the way all the time.

I have some pics but the scanner is out of action right now.

later,

je