RE: [MV] MB Questions (was Re: [MV] Lament)

From: Tony Standefer (willysjeep@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 19:34:33 PST

Jonathon,

in answer to your MB questions I have this to offer,

-the two piece skid plate was correct for MB's, the one piece I believe is a
Ford GPW feature.

-battery trays I believe are available through most reputable Jeep vendors,
again there is a willys and a Ford type, make sure you get the right one.

-the four holes in the drivers side of the hood are for a grease gun
bracket, similar to a old fire extinguisher bracket. Repros of these rare
brackets are available.

-"metal shrinking" is a lost art, maybe a more knowledgable body man on the
list can elaborate. Basically you heat up a small area of the stretched
area and when it is red hot you use a body dolly and body hammer to "shrink"
it by hammering on the heated area, then quench the area with a wet rag or
sponge. It takes alot of patience but it can be done. If your wheel well
area is badly stretched (they usually are) give it a try you might learn
something!!

-the rotary light switch I believe went into production in late 1944

regards
Tony Standefer
1944 Willys MB