[MV] Sticking Brake Thread another source

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 10:00:20 PST

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:06:30 EDT
>Subject: [MV] Sticking Brake Thread another source
>

>Hope this helps, I am sticking with American made products for all rebuild
>items, if no label, I'm not buying them.
>
>Regards
>Tom

That's my philosophy with Land Rover stuff as well.Anything made in Canada
or USA has to meet SAE specs.There is a DIN spec in Germany but these don't
apply in the UK or almost anywhere else.The UK basically has no consumer
protection laws like what we have in NA.There are lots of garbage parts out
there made in some cave with a rock and piece of wood and sold as a'genuine
replacement'.Most of the time these parts are garbage.Also many of the
aftermarket guys' play word games all in the name of sales and profit.For
example-reject parts by the factories are sold at auctions or as scrap and
the parts are reboxed and sold off as first line replacements by someone
else.So they call this made by the same manufacterer as the factory.
To really get a good idea of how bad this really is buy any British vehicle
and then see the fun begin when you start needing parts and check different
sources.Once you know the game you will realize that the Brits do have some
good stuff but it's the leaches in the industry that give it a bad name and
there are lots.
Look at the crap coming out of China now.All in the name of profit.If no one
would buy this junk then they wouldn't make it.
Andre