Re: [MV] 15 seconds of fame

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:52:48 PST

  To all that sent a good article note back .. Thanks

  I think it behooves us all to maybe seek out and get
a local reporter to do a story on yourself and your
green machine.. Egotistical ?? Maybe but more important
when properly done, its one great shot in the arm of putting
us and the green machine hobby (OK mild form of insanity,
but don't tell them that)into a positive light. These are
Historic Military Vehicles owned by an amateur historian
and not some nut case with a Army truck who is part of the
local anti government militia.

Think about it, we know better but perception by the public
can make or break you. Take your time, insure they get the
facts via this reporter straight. Its not to glorify war but
a way to remember those who gave up home and family to insure
freedom for their own and those that followed.

Remember today's media which is so anti gun and until Sept 11
was anti military, we owe it to ourselves to be put in a positive
view with the general public. If we have to continue fighting
this new de-militarization bill we are going to need all the
positive press and public opinion we can muster.. Go find someone
who is open minded.. Take em for a ride in the ol girl. Try and
tie them into you giving some old Vets a ride in a Veterans day
parade or the like. If you are friends with a vet who had a
personal story that ties with your machine, go for the human
interest part.. Reporters love this stuff.

Remember if we don't do it no one else will.. OK I'll get off the
soapbox now ..

                                   Bob B