Re: [MV] M-109 shop van

From: Emmett Thompson (KT4AL@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 05:49:02 PST

Subject: [MV] M-109 shop van

> Someone please let me know about these vehicles:
>
> Are they worth having; Good things, bad things ?? This one has a
> Continental 465-1C turbo.
>
> I have a chance to buy one locally.
>
> Thanks

I purchased a 1965 M109A3 about 6 years ago. My first MV. It was a USMC 109
used as an armorer's shop. It only had 1200 miles on it Scraped 4 coats of
brushed on paint, shot it one color (USMC forest green) and had to put an
injector pump on it. It has been running fine sense. They are good if you
like camping. Plenty of room for a fridge, toilet, etc.
The only draw back is it's height. You have to watch out for low branches or
you will surely ding the van.

I have no intention of getting rid of it.

Regards
Emmett