Re: [MV] PE95 G Gen Set

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 10:35:53 PST

The question here is: How big of a motor will it
START?

START, not run, start!

My 10 Kw genset will start my 5 HP planer but only if
there is no other load and the voltage is right at 240
volts.

Now, what load are you going to have on this when your
water pump comes on? You don't know!

Ok, so then, the only way to find out if it will work
is to TRY IT!!

DO NOT TRY TO RUN AN ELECTRIC WELDER FROM ONE OF THESE
GENSETS!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll blow the diode in the rotor!

Ask me how I know!

Joe