Re: [MV] Vehicle/Trailer Mounted Generators

From: kuhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 03:46:46 PST

At 12:32 AM 10/31/01 -0500, J. Forster wrote:

>Joe Foley wrote:
>
> > Also, with one of these generators you have to watch the load as it changes
> > the engine speed which changes
> > the output frequency, then you have to adjust the governor to match.
> This may
> > be a problem for radio
> > equipment or computer stuff.
>
>Most equipment, including radio and computer gear, does not care much about
>line frequency (50 to 70 HZ is usually OK), but can be damaged by wide voltage
>swings. I assume, but do not know, if these puppies have voltage
>regulators. Are
>you sure the voltage regs are working, BTW?
>
>-John
i would run a inverter not a generator any way
i i have installed the right side battery tray on my m886 and have
room for two group 36
mite even get 2 6tls in there the m88? radio trucks i seen had group 36
batterys

battery and was thinking of deep cy. and maybe a 2ed alt. to keep
them charged
and i can go 24 volt as ez as 12 volt if i find a 24 volt inverter
cheaper
the computer and monitor i use runs 300-400 watt or soo and the sat.
dish cant run much
i have been looking at ford group 3 alt.'s 130-170 and that can is a
lot of amps i feel
and i have even seen 500 amp 12 volt alt.'s butt that went shy hi on ebay