Re: [MV] Vehicle/Trailer Mounted Generators

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 17:38:38 PST

Thank you, Richard,

I failed to explain it in the terms neccessary to
cover all of the fine points,...... the engineering
degree not working tonight.

Strange as it may seem the military gensets have self
excitation schemes, so they can be run without the
batteries installed, or a failed control system.

The voltage regulator is complicated and of a high
quality. More than a home owner would need but then
they were running sensitive electronics with these.

The 5 Kw set has three diodes in the rotor and the 10
has 6, just to do the same job better.

Either one will put out single phase of three phase by
turning the big drum switch in the control panel.

The 10 Kw will put out 120/240 at once but the 5 Kw
will only put out 120 OR 240.

Joe