Re: [MV] Nissan Patrol L 60

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 12:23:01 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Byrd" <byrdhouse@netease.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 1:52 PM
Subject: [MV] Nissan Patrol L 60

> Had a chance to work on (get running after sitting up a while) a L 60
> yesterday.

You need to beware of the scavenge blower shaft seals, if they let go it
runs away.

>I thought that was pretty strange since I've only seen a couple
> before and the article came out in MV magazine a few days ago. I came home
> and read it last night.

Just how they get a 1159 cu.in., 750HP L60 in a Nissan Patrol beats me.

> Does anyone how many and whose armies used the L 60?

Well the British Army and most of the Commonwealth I think had them with the
rest of a FV4201 around the outside, and I recall the Israelis had them
later on as well.

Richard
Southampton - England