Re: [MV] Lazy MULE clutch

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 20:46:55 PST

Hi Randy,

>Did you change the pressure plate?

No. Didn't think that was necessary as everything was working fine
before I took it all apart.

>There is an adjustment procedure to do
>explained in the manual.

OK, looks like this is #1 on my list to check.

> If you didn't change the pressure plate and
>everything is as it was in that area it has to have something to do with
>your cable.

This is one thing I am sure is OK. I left the cable attached when I
dropped the engine assembly. I have checked and nothing is hanging it
up. I get smooth peddle action. I also shortened the cable using the
forward adjustment screw which attaches to the peddle linkage. I've
taken up all the slack which didn't appear to be a problem before I took
everything apart. So I guess the most likely problem is tha the pressure
plate got knocked out of adjustment when I was moving things around or
putting it back in.

Thanks to you (and two others off list) for pointing me towards this
likely cause.

Steve