'39 Panel / 115th QM Regt Update

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 18:21:11 PST

Slowed to a crawl!
Gentlemen, it's been almost exactly three years since I saw this old
truck in a Fresno, CA wrecking yard and here's what I've learned:
  You are the master of your own destiny in the research game.
  Don't expect someone else to do for you what you can do yourself.
  Patience!
  The more the merrier and the easier it is to find something out (like
this list).
  Try to use your frigging brain! Flights of fancy
are a waste of everyone's time.
  People who are hobby-oriented are MUCH more likely to help you with
something than someone who is PAID to do it.
  Most librarians are great people.
Now, the truck:
1939 Ford top-of-the-line panel truck, with optional engine, etc., 1.5
ton! Very unusual.
115th Quartermaster Regiment of the 40th Division, California Guard (2d
Bn?) 1939 to 1941.
  During WWII owned by a black "Buffalo Soldier" outfit, the 7th
Regiment of the California State Guard.
  After WWII used by the 223rd Inf Rgt to tow
targets? I don't know yet!
  Vehicle most likely was designed and built by the 115th QM Regt
themselves. Probably with
templates or plans from the Quartermaster General in Ft Lee? Perhaps
from an article in the Quartermaster Review magazine?
  Still lots to find out!
  Thanks to Mel Miller, Jim Gilmore, John Lindemann, Dbauminjr, David
and his dad Everette Doyle. Nelson Dionne, Mike in Arizona and SO many
others. Great people.
  Restoration phase to begin early next year?
  Look for it in magazines and at West Coast meets.
  Don Kenyon