Re: [MV] Hooking up a generator

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 18:31:48 PST

I hope everyone on the List follows my original advice and installs the extra
box
so the gen-set only supplies juice to the switches you turn on. Place the
other switches to off if a circuit is not needed. God, for well under $200.,
it's worth it.
I have water, heat, refrigeration and lights without endangering anyone. All
on
a single cylinder 5K from Central Tractor. Runs all night without refueling.
I keep a spare can of gas and put stabilizer in both. The gen-set was $479.,
probably more, now. It's a 110/220 volt unit. I only use the 110.
Joe Young
A licensed member in our club did the installation on a barter deal.