Birdbrains with MVs!

From: Bill George (primemover@2xtreme.net)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:28:08 PST

Last night I went to a mud drag/monter truck show in Petaluma, CA. Turned
out two of the entries in the mud drags were MVs, an M151 and an M35A2. I
thought hey, this is great, some people with military rigs out there....that
is until I saw what a foolish idiot the guy with the deuce and a half was!
It happened some kids decided to play monster truck with this beat to crap
truck and became wedged between two rows of front end loader tires. After
several attempts to free them with a Chevy Blazer, this guy brings his winch
equipped deuce over, lets some yoyo unreel about 20' of cable. It was
immediately obvious none of them had a clue how to operate the winch from
watching the first attemp at pulling the kids truck out, the M35 backed up
only to un-reel more cable:). So now he's got about 30' of cable out and
starts tugging on the wedged vehicle very aggresively. Now this is why I
call the guy an idiot. Had that cable snapped, you can bet someone would
have been decapitated! There was several people no more than five feet from
the cable, on the other side was a crowd of about 50 people. Can you imagine
how many could have been injured if not worse? If anybody knows who this guy
was please let him know how much of an idiot he is, what he could have done
to military vehicle collectors and to motor sports events like this(I can
see the headline now "Big Green Army Truck Decapitates 10 Spectators at
Monster Truck Show") Hope I didn't bore anybody, but this could have
affected us all!
Bill

Hear The Diesel, See The Diesel, Smell The Diesel...Be One With The Diesel.