Re: [MV] Beltring?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 00:42:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Winnington-Ball" <gwball@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 4:57 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Beltring?

> Richard Notton wrote:
>
> > > With each one carrying their resume and a small portfolio of their
recent
> > work.
> > >
> > I wouldn't know, they're usually going far to fast to find out, however,
by
> > diligent observation they would appear to be following the career of the
> > Indian God Juggernaught. We take comfort in the relatively safe
environment
> > of a FV623 during these times.
>
> LMAO!!!!!!
>
> More like behind your ubiquitous cuppa, shielded by a restless herd of
> semi-inebriated, transplanted Canucks...

Quite so, it is a fact the scale and proportions of the Canadian
Spinning-Ball contingent would, as a human wall, afford excellent protection
from most things up to universal carrier size, we can add to this the not
inconsiderable support of Big Al Tooes and our tame Dutch giant Hanno
McSpool.

As you correctly surmise, if in doubt, brew-up.

You may not have noticed that a correctly equipped FV623 can produce 7 (Imp)
pints of tea in 20 mins by judicious use of the 24V 60A cab-mounted cooking
vessel, as detailed in manual 22156 pages 74 and 74A-D.

> GAWD, I can't wait until NEXT year...
>
> :-)

Indeed it seems a long way off, especially after the sudden but brief but
heavy snow fall yesterday and the frosty, white and crunchy appearance of
the world outside presently; and this is the south coast, most unusual.

You may rest assured we shall be in the usual spot unless the hamlet of
Shirrell Heath is a current Bin Liner target, however, I am quite confident
our American chums and HM's Royal Machines with the secretive and shady
SAS/SBS will have resolved something by then.

As ever we will be arranged behind the DTB F15 Polsten, F15 Personnel, 11
set operational Morris-Commercial PU8/2, the rare Dodge (Canada) T212, FV623
with six non-leaking hubs, six un-seized disc callipers, a transfer box that
doesn't sound like a coffee mill and moved along by 6.516 litres of new
effort from the admirable Hon.Sir Charles Rolls and Mr Henry Royce; added to
this the Baron Paulus von Hocking and the Stoewer RS200 will tack on the end
plus we have whatever heavy armour Mr Gas-Axe Multibank Brown decides to
drag down there and not to forget Nigel Watson and the excellent IP
Universal Carrier.

Just 8 months or so. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Richard
Southampton - England