Re: [MV] Beltring?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 01:31:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Winnington-Ball" <gwball@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 5:13 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Beltring?

> Tim wrote:
> >
> > Ps - have decided against the 20mm polsten quad... too much else to
do... no
> > space for anything more... and girlfiend (deliberately missed the R) who
> > wouldnt appreciate any more "junk"....
>
> For shame!!! :-)

Oh dear, I can hear the "Why can't you have a nice little car like everyone
else" now.

> There were two of the Polsten Quads at Johann Dieffenbach's when I was
> there last year, and they were CUTE. Both made in Toronto by John
> Inglis, who also manufactured the world's finest Brens and Browning Hi
> Powers, as well as washing machines...

I think I'd prefer the excellent Inglis Bren to a washing machine.

Now, if anyone has a lead on the 30 round Polsten box magazines I would like
to know. The 60 round drums are everywhere as they are common to the very
similar 20mm Oerlikon (from which the Polsten is a simplification) found in
huge numbers on British and US warships of the period.

As Geoff will have guessed this is for a certain DTB F15 owned by a good
friend and non net connected person, we see period pictures of Polstens with
this box mag quite commonly but so far none seem to have survived, even a
loan for copy would be gratefully received.

> Methinks "girlfiend" needs an edumacation! :D

Best no go there. . . . . . . .

Richard
Southampton - England