Re: [MV] Beltring?

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 13:14:21 PST

Geoff

>There were two of the Polsten Quads at Johann Dieffenbach's when I was
there last year, and they were CUTE.

I'd love to get one of these quads... have the money... can get one
locally... apparently of Canadian manufacture from 1943... but I can find
absolutely no record of their use... either by the Canadian or British
troops during WW2... or anyone else until the 1950's where they were
apparently used by the British in Korea.... and much much easier to get home
than the Sextons... whilst I would love one of them too...

Personally I'm not interested in any gear unless it has decent WW2
pedigree.. hence NO WS62 (despite having a 1944 dated manual for one)... NO
Centurion Tank... despite their arrival in Europe before the Japs
surrendered in 1945...

So before taking the plunge I need to know what, where and when...otherwise
no go...

>Methinks "girlfiend" needs an edumacation! :D

For my last it was... "me or the Jeep"... still got the Jeep... but getting
older now... hit 30 last year... and have that need to settle down have kids
etc... probably a silly idea... (nay... dumb stupid idea)...

So any info on the Polsten Quads would be really welcome.

Cheers

Tim