Re: [MV] Need help IDing WW II German Artillery

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 19:22:40 PST

>If you need any more info to help ID this piece,
>contact me and I will be happy to provide it.

If you could provide a picture of it, I am sure I could identify it
within a few minutes. However, I can't do anything with the data
provided thus far.

Some quick hints...

If it is indeed a German manufactured 150m gun, and not a captured piece
put into German use (there were TONs of those), it is probably one of the
following:

15cm sFH 18. Standard 150mm gun in German service until about 1942

15cm sFH 18M. Standard 150mm after about 1942. It had a muzzle brake.

15cm sIG 33. Standard Infantry Gun for the German Army in WWII. It is
VERY different looking than above. Short barrel and no stabilizer above.

There are, of course, more differences between the models but perhaps
this can rule out at least one or two of the guns. If what is on display
is not German manufacture, only a picture is likely to help me identify
it.

Hope that helps (at least a little!).

Steve