Re:[MV] Multifuel compressor pulley slipping

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 16:20:42 PST

Mark,
Do the bolts loosen up, or does the belt just begin to slip?
If it's the latter, then it's time to replace the belt (fun..). Are
you sure that the belt is tight when you adjust it (more fun).
Don't worry about stripping the threads, you'll break the
pulley ear first, where more of my fun began because there was
not enough clearance to unscrew the front half, so clearance
had to be created. I've never encountered the problem that you
describe, so I'm only shooting in the dark. good
good advice, too. Ken offered good advice, too (the bolts).
Joe Young