M1022A1 shelter dolly availability

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@home.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 00:48:00 PST

Does anybody know whether M1022A1 shelter dolly sets are available on
the US surplus market, and if so, how much they generally cost? I'm
[trapped] in southern CA, if that matters.

Alternately, how much do the older M1022 shelter dolly sets generally
cost?

The M1022A1 is a dolly set used for lifting and mobilizing portable
shelters using the same mounting system used on CONEX containers, if
I'm not mistaken. Unlike the M1022, it has a small engine on each half
which operates a hydraulic pump, and only requires two people to
operate instead of four (according to the manual, anyway).

I'm not planning to buy one immediately; I'm just looking at options
for semi-portable storage and/or workshop space on my property, and
I'm wondering how much it might cost to be able to move unloaded or
lightly-loaded CONEX containers around on my property by myself. A
MIL-VEH thread from a couple years ago pointed me towards the M1022,
and perusing manuals suggested that the newer M1022A1 would be easier
for me to handle and use.

Thanks in advance for any information!

P.S.: What does CONEX stand for, anyway, assuming I even spelled it
correctly? :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/