Re: [MV] M series tank engine info

From: Greg Summerton (gregs@bold.net.au)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 05:22:50 PST

Thanks Geoff. (And the rest of the crew that replied)
Tonight I got home to find a message from my friend who left on a short
holiday on Thursday evening.
At that stage we did not know what the motor was, I found the
identification onthe carb and the net later that same night.
Anyhow, come the next day, he had been driving thru rural Victoria
(Australia) when he spotted a tank at a service station.
He arrived just as some old guy in a jeep was leaving.
"Hmmmm".....he thought.
Turning around, he went back to the service station (gas stop) and got
talking to the young owner. Seems this guy owned the tank (postwar model)
but managed to find out from this guy's manuals what my motor is.
Seems the guy is in with the crowd at the Puckapunyal (Sheesh! You try
spelling that! I can't and I live in this bloody country!)
Anyway, he had a copy of the manual for a General Stuart with the
Continental W-670 engine in it from the military museum there.
My mate will try to drop by Pucka on the way home next week and get me a
copy.
Friend indeed!
And thanks to you guys for the assistance too. ALl I need now is the tank
and the rest of the motor (Maggies, starter, housing, etc, etc.)
Any clues?
Then again, with our bananna $Oz I couldn't afford it anyway :-)
Greg
PS, I had forgotten to say, it is a 7 cylinder tank.
Seems that the M2A1-M2A4 series used the W-670 series engines too