M35A2 Front Wheel Stud Broke!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 23:50:51 PST

Hi List...

I arrived at our campground last night and noticed that one of the lug
nuts was missing from the right front wheel on my M35A2, and upon
further inspection noticed the stud was snapped off flush with the
wheel.

I also noticed the telltale whisper of rust coming from the remaining
5 lug nuts, so I checked them and they were all a little bit loose but
all less than 1/8 of a turn or so.

Two questions:

What caused the one stud to break off?

How do I fix it?

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net