M37 generator/regulator adjustment

From: Doyle, John D (JDoyle@framatech.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 12:07:23 PST

I'm cooking batteries in my M37. The ammeter
is in the red on the high end of the scale. It's
not off the scale, but it's definitely in the red.

I checked with a voltmeter and found 28.4v across
the circuit. Is that too high?

Is the regulator that controls the generator on
an M37 electrical system adjustable? I read
paragraphs 2-32 through 2-35 in TM 9-2320-212-20
and it didn't give any help other than saying to
have either generator or the regulator replaced,
depending on situation.

Thanks,
John