[MV] 5-ton conversion

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:17:42 PST

List,
I know that some of you are really against modifications on a military
vehicle,
but I had an account that really needed a long wheelbase 5-ton to convert to
a dump truck to haul grain out of fields. My multifuel 5-ton fit the bill, so
they
purchased it and converted it to: C:\digpics\cornell.jpg
Talk about a BIG dump truck, I hate to think what a new (or even used) rig
like
this would cost. This truck must run in low range alongside the combine to get
filled, then take the grain to the elevator. I must say they did an
outstanding job!
I'm not much for modifying mil-vehicles, but this was a case of being able to
enable them to have a truck they needed and stay within a limited budget. They
retained the military stuff on the truck and it can be converted back to
original.
Joe Young
joeyoung.com
MVPA #12311