Still a thrill

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 23:37:58 PST

Hi all,

The holidays are fast upon us and let me be one of the first to say Happy
Holidays to all of you! We are all still alive and kickin' here at The Last
Chance Garage here in Boerne, Texas.

As most of you know, the Scout Car project has been languishing (has it been
a year or more!?) due to my wife's illness. As it has been on the back
burner all sorts of stuff has found its way in and around my usable work
area and I have been toiling away at trying to put a dent in the mess so
that at least SOME small jobs can be completed on the Scout (such as running
brake lines and such). Every ounce of militaria has been transferred to the
semi trailer and the garage is starting to look more businesslike and less
like an armed encampment. Even the GP Small tent is up on a cart so that it
can be moved in and out as needed by one man.

Amy announced that a package came for me today and as it turns out she
managed to come up with some French NOS windshields for the Scout Car (I had
planned on cutting some really thick Lexan for some temporary windshields
but not now!) It's still a thrill to bust a seal on a box and pull out a
part that hasn't seen the light of day since who-knows-when!

Since putting a great deal of work into the Scout Car is still out of the
question I am going to apply myself and see how many parts I can stockpile
over the winter months......I gotta do it some time.

I have read very little about what has become of the demil-bill. Would
anyone 'in-the-know' care to comment?

Regards,
T J Smith
MVPA 21162