Leaking M35 Axle Seals, Clean those vents!

From: Charlie (SeacoastSurplus@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 06:14:44 PST

I see all this talk about leaking axle seals of the M35's, etc

Well I recommend you check/clean those axle vents when first buying your truck
as if the vent is clogged preasure builds up inside axle/pumpkin and it is
one of the reasons
those seals blow.

I was just changing axle oil in a few trucks (None of mine leak), but after
driving a few
miles to warm up oil to drain easier. I opened one Axle Fill Plug and
WHOOSH you could
hear built up air escaping. When I checked, Axle Vent was sprayed/covered
with undercoating
which the govt. applied to many vehicles years ago.

SO, clean, check those axle vents before driving any trucks to prevent
problems later on.

Charlie