Re: [MV] how 2 start a duece?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 21:24:25 PST

>Turn master switch to on(large switch to the right of the light switch,
>has a
>curve on one end), you should hear a buzz indicating low air pressure)
>then push
>(sometimes turn then release, some have been modified with a spring
>loaded turn
>to start switch)the start button located low and to the right of the
>steering
>column. After sitting for a while my deuce usually starts after 5 to 7
>seconds of
>cranking. The buzzer should go off once the pressure in the tanks has
>reached 60
>PSI which is the minimum safe level for the braking system.

I would alter this alittle bit. I would actually disconnect the low
pressure buzzer initially, not only is the noise annoying but I found out
with my deuce that what I really needed to hear is the electric in tank fuel
pump. In fact it was someone on this list that suggested this when mine
would not start. I pulled the plug on the buzzer, turned on the main switch
and I did not hear any motor noise comming from the right side of the truck,
that led me to the fuel pump real fast and within a few minutes had the
whole problem diagnosed, that being the wire had shorted against the cover
and the blew the fuse, the fact that there was a 30A fuse in there also
would suggest that they had the problem before but never fixed the wire
insulation.

If you hear the motor running and if it then starts then go plug in the
buzzer back in.

je