M37 fuel pump

From: Jeffrey Cerniglia (jcerniglia@msn.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 15:43:22 PST

Hello everyone,
                    It's been awhile but I have been busy restoring
my M37 before winter sets in. all I can say is it's been fun working
outside in the weather. This is the first restoration I have ever
attempted outside and it will be my last. My problem is I am in the
middle of rebuilding my fuel pump and it seems that some parts are missing.
Actually I do not know this for a fact but I thought maybe one
of you guys that recently rebuilt one could answer my question. I noticed
during the rebuild that the vaccume side has a rubber seal where the shaft
goes through but the fuel side does not, nor was there
two seals in the rebuild kit, just the one. Seeing that I only had one seal
and the pump only had the one seal on the vaccume side I thought
this was ok until I thought it over. The fuel side has a metal bushing
the same as the vaccume side where it sandwiches the seal against the
housing but the fuel side had no rubber seal. Is this correct or did my pump
somehow lose the seal on the fuel side and it's just a coincidence that my
kit is missing it also? Stranger things have happened.As usual
any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated and please respond off
list as I do not get the list emailed anymore.

Jeff Cerniglia
1954 M37
Bristol Ct.